Top 10 large cap, mid cap and small cap Mutual funds stocks in India
- NMDC, Britannia Industries, Adani Ports and SEZ, Adani Enterprises are among the top 10 large cap company stocks bought by mutual funds in the month of July.
- From the list of top large cap stocks bought in July by mutual funds, YES Bank has fallen 27%, and Hero MotoCorp has slipped 23% in the last six months.
- The industry received inflows of ₹22,583 crore in equity mutual funds in July.
AdvertisementWith increasing awareness about investment and savings, investment products like mutual funds have become very popular. Besides, at lower interest rates, they seem to provide an attractive investment opportunity for investors.
The industry received inflows of ₹22,583 crore in equity mutual funds in July. These inflows have pushed the overall mutual fund industry’s assets under management (AUM) to ₹35.31 lakh crore as of July 2021.
Mutual fund industry manages the hard earned money of crores of investors with their quality research team. Hence it is interesting and worthy to get to know what all stocks the industry is adding to their portfolio.
Here is a list of top stocks bought by the mutual fund industry in July, according to a report by ICICIDirect.
Large cap stocks
The mutual funds industry has added the highest numbers of shares of NMDC, YES Bank, HDFC Life Insurance, some Adani Group companies — Adani Port and SEZ, Adani Enterprises in July.
From the list of large cap stocks bought in July by mutual funds, YES Bank has fallen 27%, and Hero MotoCorp has slipped 23% in the last six months.
|Top 10 buys in large cap||Number of shares (in lakh) added in July|
|HDFC Life Insurance||119|
|Adani Port and SEZ||93|
Interestingly, the fund houses have added the most number of stocks of debt ridden telecom operator Vodafone Idea. To put into perspective, Vodafone Idea is currently going through turbulent times to raise funds, with one of its promoters, Kumar Mangalam Birla, ready to give up his 27% stake.
GMR Infrastructure, Indraprastha Gas and Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail were among top stocks in mid-cap companies bought by mutual funds in July.
|Top 10 buys in mid cap||Number of shares (in lakh) added in July|
|Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail||124|
|Container Corporation of India||56|
|Shriram Transport Finance Company||16|
Small cap companies
The mutual fund industry has added the highest number of shares of public sector loan financing company Housing & Urban Development Corporation. The stock has fallen 18% in the last one month.
Jindal Stainless, Arvind and Indiabulls Real Estate were other top buys by the mutual fund industry.
|Top 10 buys in small cap||Number of shares (in lakh) added in July|
|Housing & Urban Development Corporation||281|
|Indiabulls Real Estate||23|
|Privi Speciality Chemicals||2|
|IIFL Wealth Management||2|
SEE ALSO: MyGlamm acquires BabyChakra, will invest ₹100 crore in mother and baby care content
Snapchat to ‘double down’ on expansion in India as it witnesses over 150% growth in daily active users
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk said Twitter will start showing users how many people have seen their tweets, and got Jack Dorsey's approval
- A janitor laid off at Twitter's headquarters said one of Elon Musk's team members told him he'd be replaced by robots
- Adani Group to have two nominees on NDTV's board after proposal approved
- Cyclone Mandous weakens into deep depression after crossing coast in TN
- India abstains on UNSC resolution exempting aid from sanctions, says terror groups in neighbourhood take advantage of carve-outs
- BSF, Pak Rangers exchange fire along international border in Rajasthan
- Indians report unexpected rise in heart attacks, says survey
- WHO concerned over increasing antibiotic resistance in human infections