It's official: Chipotle's desperate attempt to save itself failed
Business Insider/Hayley Peterson
Revenue declined 14.8% in the third quarter and same-store sales, or sales at stores open at least a year, dropped 21.9%, the company said Tuesday.Net income for the quarter was $7.8 million, a decrease from $144.9 million for the period last year.
The rewards program was launched in July, just before the start of the third quarter.The company's sales declines showed only minor improvement since the second quarter, when same-store sales fell 23.6%.
Chipotle co-founder Steve Ells says Chipotle is making "steady progress" on its sales recovery, however."We are earning back our customers' trust, and our research demonstrates that people are feeling better about our brand, and the quality of our food," he said in a statement on the company's third quarter earnings. "While this year has been a year of reinvestment, we are now focused on continuing to further recover sales and improve our economic model to create long-term shareholder value. Today we will share our financial and operational goals for 2017, and our plan to achieve them."
- Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- IPL 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore have beaten Sunrisers Hyderabad 7 out of 18 times they played each other
- Publicis Groupe consolidates Data Science, Programmatic and Media Tech with Zenith and Starcom, under a common leadership
- Here are the 7 Indians who will be a part of Cannes Lions Jury this year
- CBSE Class 10 board exams cancelled, Class 12 exams postponed as COVID-19 cases surge