Just press 'Go': Here's what Waymo wants to replace your car's steering wheel with
Waymo/US Patent and Trademark Office
That's apparently Waymo's vision, at least. The autonomous vehicle company, which is a sister company to Google and is owned by Alphabet, was granted a design patent on Tuesday for a center console for a self-driving car. In the design drawings submitted for the patent, the console features a prominent "Go" button on top that would presumably set the car off on its way.Should riders get nervous or uncomfortable, they could press another button that promises to "Stop Now."
Waymo has been one of the pioneering companies in self-driving cars. The company's autonomous vehicles have driven millions of miles in self-driving mode.Other than the Stop Now and Go buttons, Waymo's patented console looks a lot like ones you might see in cars today. It includes buttons for locking doors, raising and lowering windows and turning on seat heaters.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Monero’s ‘Fluffypony’ joins John McAfee, Ross Ulbricht and Arthur Hayes behind bars — but for a non-crypto crime
- Dr Subhash Chandra reveals his plans of venturing into video in digital space
- IOB asks Union Bank to buy its stake in Malaysian bank
- Adani Group firm Adani Wilmar to raise ₹4,500 crore via IPO
- Travel portal Ixigo moves a step closer to IPO