Maisie Williams said goodbye to 'Game of Thrones' in a bloody Instagram post
- "Game of Thrones" star Maisie Williams said goodbye to playing Arya Stark in a bloody Instagram post over the weekend.
- Williams wrote a goodbye message under a picture of bloodied sneakers.
- This confirmed Williams is done shooting the show for good, and that Arya likely makes some people bleed in season eight.
- "Game of Thrones" season eight premieres in 2019.
Maisie Williams officially said goodbye to her "Game of Thrones" character, Arya Stark, in an Instagram post Saturday of a pair of bloody sneakers.
"Goodbye Belfast," Williams wrote. "Goodbye Arya. Goodbye Game of Thrones. What a joy I've had. Here's to the adventures to come." In June, co-star Emilia Clarke posted a similar, but more emotional message on Instagram. In early July, there was a "Game of Thrones" wrap party for season eight in Belfast.
The post confirmed that Williams is done shooting the eighth and final "Game of Thrones," and therefore finished playing her iconic character, Arya Stark. In the post, Williams did not address the bloody sneakers at all. Will Arya somehow have time to invent the sneaker amidst the fight with Cersei and the Night King's army of the dead? Probably not. Right now, we can just assume that there is a lot of bloodshed at the hands of assassin Arya in "Game of Thrones" season eight.
"Game of Thrones" has been huge for everyone involved, especially Williams. The role of Arya Stark was her first acting job ever. At 13 years old, she was selected for the role over 300 other young actresses. Williams has also been praised for her transformative performance over the years, as Arya has gone from innocent Northern girl to full-blown killer. In 2016, Williams was nominated for best supporting actress at the Emmy Awards.
Since "Game of Thrones" gained popularity, Williams has had roles in TV and film, including "Doctor Who" and "The New Mutants."
- Philips Avent urges fathers to support mothers in breastfeeding, reminding them that parenting is a team effort
- Indian factories added jobs for the first time in 15 months
- Birla is reportedly ready to give Vodafone Idea to the Indian government
- How to join missed group calls on WhatsApp
- EVTRIC, a new brand of electric scooters hit the market starting at a little less than ₹65,000