McDonald's Is Cutting A Ton Of Menu Items
The fast food giant will remove eight items and five extra-value meals from the menu next month, reports Julie Jargon at The Wall Street Journal.It's unclear which items will be eliminated.
The fast-food giant's sales are declining, with the overloaded menu being cited as a major problem.
CEO Don Thompson stressed that the restaurant was going back-to-basics in a recent call with investors."We are streamlining our merchandising menu board and product offerings and in addition to making it easier for customer to order their favorite products, this will reduce complexity in our restaurants which in turn should enhance accuracy and speed of service," he said. McDonald's eliminated its Angus Third Pounder burgers from the menu last year.
At the same time, it has added items like the McWrap, Blueberry Pomengranate smoothie, and Egg White Delight breakfast sandwich.
The chain has also been focused on allowing customers to build their own burger with toppings.
- Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- IPL 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore have beaten Sunrisers Hyderabad 7 out of 18 times they played each other
- Publicis Groupe consolidates Data Science, Programmatic and Media Tech with Zenith and Starcom, under a common leadership
- Here are the 7 Indians who will be a part of Cannes Lions Jury this year
- CBSE Class 10 board exams cancelled, Class 12 exams postponed as COVID-19 cases surge