Meet Teyana Taylor, star of the Kanye West 'Fade' video everyone is talking about
When the rapper took the stage at the 2016 VMAs Sunday night, he delivered a typically tangent-filled speech, defending his "Famous" song's use of Taylor Swift and once again comparing himself to Walt Disney and Steve Jobs. But he also premiered a music video featuring a woman everyone is still talking about.Teyana Taylor is the dancer seen in the explicit, bizarre, and entrancing music video for "Fade," off of Kanye's album "The Life of Pablo," and many were not familiar with her before seeing the video.Advertisement
But Taylor is a singer who has put time in the industry, making a name for herself.
Here's everything you need to know about Teyana Taylor:
Teyana Taylor is an R&B singer who's worked with big names.
Here's her 2014 video for "Maybe," featuring rappers Pusha T and Yo Gotti. It's almost as steamy as the "Fade" video.Advertisement
Back in the day, however, she was just Teyana on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16."
She has a sense of humor.Advertisement
Everyone will remember her for Kanye West's "Fade" video.
The video ends with Taylor and NBA star Iman Shumpert from the Cleveland Cavaliers, and in a twist, she suddenly appears like a cat...Advertisement
...and Taylor is also engaged to Shumpert in real life.
They have a child together, and he proposed to her at her royalty-themed baby shower.Advertisement
- Netflix launches Hindi user interface in India — two years after Amazon Prime Video
- Vistara won't back out of contracts with Boeing and Airbus due to coronavirus impact
- COVID-19 cases in India cross 2 million
- Dr Kasturirangan, the mind behind the New Education Policy, used to head India’s space agency
- India’s national capital has unveiled its own incentives and policy to push more EVs