Meet Teyana Taylor, star of the Kanye West 'Fade' video everyone is talking about
When the rapper took the stage at the 2016 VMAs Sunday night, he delivered a typically tangent-filled speech, defending his "Famous" song's use of Taylor Swift and once again comparing himself to Walt Disney and Steve Jobs. But he also premiered a music video featuring a woman everyone is still talking about.Teyana Taylor is the dancer seen in the explicit, bizarre, and entrancing music video for "Fade," off of Kanye's album "The Life of Pablo," and many were not familiar with her before seeing the video.
Here's everything you need to know about Teyana Taylor:
Teyana Taylor is an R&B singer who's worked with big names.
Here's her 2014 video for "Maybe," featuring rappers Pusha T and Yo Gotti. It's almost as steamy as the "Fade" video.Advertisement
Back in the day, however, she was just Teyana on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16."
She has a sense of humor.Advertisement
Everyone will remember her for Kanye West's "Fade" video.
The video ends with Taylor and NBA star Iman Shumpert from the Cleveland Cavaliers, and in a twist, she suddenly appears like a cat...Advertisement
...and Taylor is also engaged to Shumpert in real life.
They have a child together, and he proposed to her at her royalty-themed baby shower.Advertisement
- Japanese firm Daicel to invest ₹230 crore to set up manufacturing plant in Chennai
- Two reasons why Elon Musk routed Tesla’s India venture via Amsterdam
- Rajasthan government withdraws night curfew after decline in COVID-19 cases
- Rafale fighter aircraft to feature in Republic Day parade for first time
- 'Vaccine won't kill you': AIIMS Director allays fears