Melania Trump's longtime spokesperson Stephanie Grisham will be the new White House press secretary
- Stephanie Grisham will reportedly be the new White House press secretary and communications director.
- She previously ran communications for first lady Melania Trump.
- Grisham has been with Trump since his 2016 presidential campaign.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
First lady Melania Trump announced on Tuesday that her longtime spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham would be taking over as White House press secretary and communications director when Sarah Huckabee Sanders departs.Grisham is just the fourth woman to ever hold the role of White House press secretary and the third under a Republican president.Advertisement
Read more: 8 of Sarah Sanders' most notorious moments as White House press secretary
"I am pleased to announce [Grisham] will be the next [press secretary] & Comms Director!" Ms. Trump wrote on Twitter Tuesday afternoon. "She has been with us since 2015 - @POTUS & I can think of no better person to serve the Administration & our country. Excited to have Stephanie working for both sides of the [White House]. #BeBest."Grisham has been with President Donald Trump for several years and worked on the 2016 presidential campaign. While Trump has been in the White House, Grisham has ran communications for the first lady.
Sanders announced she would be leaving the White House last week, with Trump encouraging her to pursue a run for governor in her home state of Arkansas, a position her father Mike Huckabee once held.During her tenure, Sanders oversaw a significant decline in traditional press briefings, going several months at a time without discussing the president's agenda from the White House podium.
- WHO urges focus on first wave of coronavirus
- Assam reports 365 new COVID-19 cases; total mounts to 9,799
- Eight deaths, 1,892 new COVID-19 cases in Telangana
- Letter to Prez over DU not holding ECA trials in view of COVID-19
- Pvt labs starting TrueNat/CBNAAT based tests for COVID be encouraged for NABL seal: ICMR to states