Miley Cyrus reveals she lost a Walmart deal as a teenager for 'ripping a bong'
- A Miley Cyrus-Walmart collaboration is being reexamined years later, after the singer posted a series of tweets on Thursday.
- "I lost a massive Walmart deal at 17 for ripping a bong," Cyrus tweeted.
- TMZ published a video of Cyrus smoking a bong in 2010, months after Walmart rolled out its second Cyrus-branded fashion line.
- "I had a clothing line at Walmart and got kicked out, because they said you had to choose weed or Walmart," Cyrus told Variety in an interview in 2016. "And you see what I did - I chose weed."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Singer Miley Cyrus claimed on Twitter that a video of her smoking a bong cost her a massive deal with Walmart at age 17.
On Thursday, Cyrus posted a series of tweets saying that she has "nothing to hide" in the aftermath of her split from actor Liam Hemsworth.Read more: Liam Hemsworth has officially filed for divorce from Miley Cyrus
"It is no secret that I was into partying in my teens and early 20's. I have not only smoked, but advocated for weed, I've experimented with drugs, my biggest song to date is about dancing on molly and snorting lines in the bathroom," Cyrus tweeted.
Cyrus said that one of the the consequences of her partying days was losing a Walmart deal, tweeting: "I lost a massive Walmart deal at 17 for ripping a bong."
Cyrus emphasized that she is no longer the person she was when she was younger.
"I can admit to a lot of things but I refuse to admit that my marriage ended because of cheating," she tweeted.
In 2010, TMZ published a video of Cyrus smoking a bong shortly after her 18th birthday. Walmart had rolled out a line Cyrus created with fashion designer Max Azria in 2009; the pair later released another collection for Walmart in June 2010.Walmart did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment on the incident.
This isn't the first time that Cyrus has said that smoking cost her the Walmart deal.
"I had a clothing line at Walmart and got kicked out, because they said you had to choose weed or Walmart," Cyrus told Variety in 2016. "And you see what I did - I chose weed."
I lost a massive Walmart deal at 17 for ripping a bong.- Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) August 22, 2019