Mining stocks lifted the FTSE 100 today
Shares in mining companies took a breather in their downward plunge today, helping the FTSE 100 to close up 0.98%.
The UK's share index climbed 65.84 points to end the day at 6,752.41.Here's the chart:
BHP Billiton was up 3.24%, while Anglo American rose 1.94% and Rio Tinto increased 3.68%, as investors piled back in to mining stocks that have been hit hardest by falls in commodity prices.The London Stock Exchange group also rose today, up 1.40%, after it reported a 16% rise in half-year operating profits to £239 million.
Travis Perkins was among the fallers, down 2.84%, after a trading update disappointed analysts.
- Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- IPL 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore have beaten Sunrisers Hyderabad 7 out of 18 times they played each other
- Publicis Groupe consolidates Data Science, Programmatic and Media Tech with Zenith and Starcom, under a common leadership
- Here are the 7 Indians who will be a part of Cannes Lions Jury this year
- CBSE Class 10 board exams cancelled, Class 12 exams postponed as COVID-19 cases surge