Myths about dating that are outdated, according to dating app Woo
The factors that draw two people together have long been the subject of much debate between life coaches, scientists, and many self-help authors. While some think the laws of attraction are universal to all humans, some feel they are affected by cultural factors.
ALSO READ: Why you would want to take a longer route on your next Ola Prime ride
The ClickScore Report by dating app Woo looked into its mass of data and analytics and came out with interesting real-life trends on the attributes that attract men and women to each other.
ALSO READ: First anniversary of PM Modi’s ‘Startup India’: Hits & Misses
The report is based on the analytics observed on Woo’s user base of over 3.5 million. It takes into account their activity and the matches made on the app. Every day 25,000 matches are made on Woo and this report identifies patterns in terms of profile attributes that have the maximum success in finding matches, via quantitative monadic testing.\
ALSO READ: This e-commerce startup is giving you money to socialize
The following myths are debunked on the app:
1: ENTREPRENEURS ARE NOT A GOOD MATCH
The 3.5 million strong user base has high representation from a host of professional areas like Marketing, Media, Advertising, ITes, Entrepreneurs, Education, etc.
AdvertisementAccording to ClickScore, the men having the most success on Woo in terms of finding matches come from IT/ITeS and Marketing or are entrepreneurs.
The women seem to show a clear preference for young founders and techies working at
2: TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME MEN MATTER.
Guys with a wide array of interests, as evidenced by the type of pages they follow on
One reason could be that a wider set of interests shows a more well-rounded personality and also makes those initial conversations far easier as there are a variety of topics to talk about.
Advertisement3: A DEEP BARITONE IS A SURE SHOT
We always suspected that a nice deep voice and a good goes a long way in impressing the ladies!
Men who have uploaded a well thought-out
When we spoke to our female users, they say that what a guy says and how he says it go a long way in helping them assess if he sounds decent and educated, and extra points if he does it with a witty opening line.
4: TALL MEN ARE UNIVERSALLY ATTRACTIVE
While Bangalore girls don’t seem to care too much about a man’s height, with men of average height faring just as well as the taller ones, Delhi girls seem to have high standards when it comes to a man’s height, with 5 ft 10, being the minimum apparent cut off for a guy to find a match.
It is seen that men who have provided their height details on Woo were found to be 2.5 times more successful at making matches.
Popular on BI
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- Measures in place to address excess volatility: Sebi on Adani crisis
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months
- Vani Jayaram, the voice behind 10,000 songs, passes away at 78
- Not the first time FPO is taken back, won't affect image of the country: FM