Rain has wrecked one of India's busiest highways between two top tech hubs
- Heavy rainfalls in India have reportedly split a significant portion of 833-kilometers along National Highway 4.
- The highway connects
Punein Maharashtrato Bengaluru in Karnataka.
Due to heavy rain in Belagavi, found a crack in NH4 and transportation has diverted to some other routes. https://t.co/IjikspBMXA— Rajeev Ankalagi (@Ank04Rajeev) 1565064083000
The local authorities blocked the traffic on both sides of the damaged highway forhas the next 24 hours. According to the media reports, it may take several hours to repair the damage allowing normal vehicular movement.
NH4 is among the busiest routes in India as there are thousands of people commuting to Belgaum and Pune, passing
Mumbai, Konkan and other districts like Pune, Nashik, Kolhapur, Satara, Ahmednagar, have been witnessing torrential non-stop downpour since July 25, affecting routine life.
Disrupted train services have left thousands of outstation passengers stranded at various stations in
Heavy rains also washed away a portion of a bridge on Pinjal River in Palghar on Sunday morning, bringing traffic to a complete halt. However, there were no casualties reported.
- Best yoga mats
- IndiGo to raise ₹4,000 crore through stake sale
- Supreme Court adjourns AGR case hearing to August 14
- ICICI Bank sets floor price for QIP at ₹351.36 per share — to decide on allotment on August 14
- McKinsey, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia — and some other companies looking for a product manager right now