Nintendo just teased a mysterious new device for the Nintendo Switch that will be revealed next week
- Nintendo just released a teaser for a mysterious new device coming to the Nintendo Switch.
- The teaser shows a circular object that holds the Switch's Joy-Con gamepads. The object is then used in a variety of different applications that look very similar to Nintendo's "Wii Fit" exercise software.
- The Japanese gaming giant says that all will be revealed on September 12 - next Thursday.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Nintendo has a big reveal coming up next week, and it definitely involves the wildly popular Nintendo Switch.The company says it's a "First look at a new experience for Nintendo Switch."Advertisement
That's unfortunately where the solid facts more or less end.
A short teaser video released Thursday night depicts various people all over the world using a wheel-like peripheral and a leg strap peripheral to play some type of physical activity-based game.
Both the wheel-like device and the strap are able to accommodate at least one Joy-Con gamepad, which allows the peripherals to speak to the Nintendo Switch console.In the case of the leg strap, the Joy-Con can even be seen throughout use:Advertisement
People using the peripherals in the teaser are seen doing a variety of different activities, from squats to leg presses to straight-up running in place.
In so many words, this peripheral - and whatever software corresponds to it - looks to be a kind of spiritual successor to stuff like "Wii Fit" and "Wii Sports."One thing's for sure: We'll assuredly find out more on September 12 when Nintendo reveals whatever this is teasing.Advertisement
Check out the teaser trailer right here:
- Delhi records 13,00 new COVID-19 cases
- Here are 10 things that Elon Musk-backed OpenAI’s new language model GPT-3 can do
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall likely in parts of Maharashtra: IMD
- Goa to get second COVID-19 facility in Ponda, tweets CM Sawant
- Here’s a model stock portfolio for the ‘moderate’ risk-taker