Paytm just disrupted the way entrepreneurs do business
Currently, they already have 15 lakh merchants on their platform.
The process is simple and is done in 4 steps with the merchant going on 'accept payments' on the top right of the app and then going on to fill the card details of the customer trying to make the payment.
The entire process will take less than 5 minutes. However, if Rs 50,000 was feeling limited for a merchant, he can get rid of any limits through signing up with Paytm as a full time merchant on the platform. Once a full time merchant, there are no limits to transactions.
No fees will be charged from merchants up to 31st December 2016 after self declaration.
As far as security is concerned, none of the details of their bank accounts or card details will ever be saved with the merchant.
Here are some other interesting details about what Paytm has been up to this year-
-Cities where Paytm is used the maximum are Hyderabad & Chennai with as many as 4 transactions a day on average up from 4 transactions a week from a few weeks ago
- In the top 50 cities, this figure is 3 transactions a day on an average
- The most transacted items on Paytm are Groceries, QSR and local transport
- Paytm's annual marketing budget is Rs 500-600 cr
-Since demonetization, the monthly spend has gone 3x for November
- In 2015-16, Paytm spent Rs 2546 crore on marketing
- On the Payment platform- credit card fees will be 2%
- Paytm incurred a loss of Rs 1500 crore in 2015-16 and made about Rs 1000 crore in revenue having spent Rs 2500 crore in investments
Popular on BI
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- Commercial EV distribution start up Turno raises $13.8 million from B Capital & others
- Twitter Blue launched in India – pricing, what it offers, and should you subscribe?
- New-age language of love: Breadcrumbing, love bombing & more
- Shares of Alphabet fall 8 pc after Google rollout of AI search features
- Rupee falls 12 paise to 82.66 against US dollar in early trade