A former Fort Bragg soldier was sentenced to 12 years in prison for staging the kidnapping of his 12-year-old 'girlfriend'
A former Fort Bragg soldier was sentenced to over 12 years in prison for staging a kidnapping and having sex with a 12-year-old girl he called his "girlfriend," the Department of Justice said Tuesday.
Prosecutors said James Murdoch Peele, a 19-year-old private in the 82nd Airborne, took the girl through the window of her grandmother's house on October 21, 2018.Peele then drove from North Carolina to his home in South Carolina, before later returning to his barracks with the girl, claiming she was his 18-year-old girlfriend, according to the Justice Department. The Federal Bureau of Investigation tracked Peele to his barracks where he had sexual intercourse with the girl, prosecutors said.
She also said the kidnapping had been staged, but denied any involvement in planning the kidnapping.Peele admitted to having sex with the girl and was charged with statutory rape, as well as first-degree kidnapping, and burglar, prosecutors said.
- Revolut starts India operations, appoints former Lendingkart, Flipkart executive Paroma Chatterjee as CEO
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases