Nitish Kumar's choice for education minister resigns within hours of taking office on the back of corruption charges
Chaudhary met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday. An hour after assuming office on Thursday, he resigned as education minister.
Earlier on Thursday, Chaudhary had assumed charge of the education ministery. The opposition has been attacking the government over allegation of corruptions against the education minister ever since his name was announced.
JD (U) General Secretary K.C. Tyagi said, "Nitish Kumar's identity is a leader with a difference in politics," Tyagi said. "Democracy runs on ethics and public morality. That is why, since allegations of corruption have been levelled against him, he has resigned from the post of education minister."
It may be recalled that the RJD has been attacking the CM about the appointment. on Wednesday, Tejashwi Yadav had taken to Twitter to say. "By appointing
Loan moratorium case: India’s power sector players want the Supreme Court to ‘plug’ the loopholes in RBI’s restructuring scheme
Wipro CEO Delaporte’s new plan could give the Indian IT services giant the edge it needs to catch up to its peers, according to analysts
Lakshmi Vilas Bank is the fifth financial firm to collapse in India within the last 30 months
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- It’s not just Mercedes, even bank deposits are competing with equities
- A former Facebook exec says an employee at a 'large tech company' once complained to the CEO in an all-hands meeting about the quality of company toilet paper
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol