Michael Cohen says DOJ acted like 'mafia' under the 'corrupt arm of the Trump administration' after the revelation it secretly obtained data from Democratic lawmakers
Michael Cohentold Insider the Justice Department was corrupted by former President Donald Trump.
- The ex-president's former personal attorney was reacting to news the department spied on lawmakers.
- The department had subpoenaed Apple for data on Reps.
Adam Schiffand Eric Swalwell, among others.
The revelation that the US
The comments from the ex-president's former personal attorney came after reports that federal prosecutors had forced Apple to hand over communications data for Democratic Reps. Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell, as well committee staff, and their relatives, including one child.
At least a dozen people in total were impacted, The New York Times reported, in an attempt to uncover the source of leaks to the press about Trump associates and their dealings with Russia. The administration also obtained records on journalists at several national outlets as part of its probe.
"Like the mafia, the Justice Department became nothing more than a corrupt arm of the Trump administration," Cohen said, "run by Donald J. Trump as its head of the family."
Cohen added that every target of the last administration's
The Justice Department's Inspector General, Michael Horowitz, announced Friday that his office will be investigating the incident and whether it was "based upon improper considerations," following requests from Democratic leaders in Congress.
In the Senate, Democrats are also demanding that former Trump Attorneys General
Have a news tip? Email this reporter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- Researchers develop AI-based algorithm that can detect unseen signs of heart failure
- Zoho adds features that can turn a video call into remote assistance for repairing cars, appliances and more
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons