Trump ally Mike Lindell baselessly questioned whether Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis legitimately won his 2022 election
- MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell baselessly questioned whether Ron DeSantis legitimately won his 2022 election.
- He said that DeSantis winning Miami-Dade County, a typically blue county, was "a deviation from norm."
MyPillow CEO and ardent Trump ally Mike Lindell baselessly questioned whether Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis legitimately won his re-election bid in November.
Lindell questioned DeSantis' win in Miami-Dade County, which has historically mostly voted Democratic, while appearing on his show "The Lindell Report."
Lindell, who has relentlessly sought to discredit the Democratic election victories, said he now has DeSantis in his sights and wants to audit the Miami-Dade County results.
"I am going after Dade County in the 2022 election," he said before adding later: "I look at deviations, everybody. That's a deviation. I don't believe it."
"I'm going to find out in Dade County what happened there because it's a deviation from norm," he said.
DeSantis, who polls had favored to win, secured a landslide victory and flipped Miami-Dade County to the GOP for the first time since 2002. There has been no evidence to suggest any voter fraud took place.
The Florida governor is emerging as former President Donald Trump's most fierce political rival. Trump has announced his plans to run for president in 2024, but DeSantis is yet to confirm if he will run against him.
Several conservative commentators, including Newsmax host John Cardillo and The Daily Wire's Ryan Saavedra, criticized Lindell for his comments.
Lindell has been among the most vocal proponents of Trump's election fraud conspiracy theories.
This is in addition to a defamation lawsuit brought against him by a Dominion employee that he once accused of being a national traitor.
The pillow salesman told Insider in December 2021 that he had already spent $25 million pushing his baseless fraud claims related to the 2020 presidential election.
- Ready-to-move-in properties witness demand uptick in 2023
- Could BBMP’s new climate action plan for Bengaluru restore India's ‘Garden City’ to its former glory?
- Nifty closes just shy of 21K on gains in metal, IT shares; Sensex scales 70k-peak
- Online furniture brand Pepperfry registers Rs 188 cr losses in FY23
- Most searched movies in 2023 – Animal is not in the Top 10 and Adipurush beats Pathaan