Trump denies throwing plates at the White House wall and creating a ketchup mess: 'Not my thing'
- Trump denied throwing a plate of lunch at a White House dining room wall after the 2020 election.
- "Never. Never. Not my thing. And I never did it anywhere else, either," Trump told New York Magazine.
Ex-White House aide
Hutchinson described seeing "ketchup dripping down the wall" and "a shattered porcelain plate on the floor" in the White House dining room, adding that it wasn't the first time that Trump had hurled dishes and flipped tablecloths when he was upset.
"Never. Never. Not my thing. And I never did it anywhere else, either," Trump told New York Magazine's Olivia Nuzzi in an interview published on Thursday. "And I never did what she said with the Secret Service. She went too far. Look, they're made up stories. She made up these stories. They're lies. And most people understand that. I think she's a sick person."
Trump was referring to another part of Hutchinson's explosive testimony during the committee's sixth public hearing, when she recalled hearing secondhand that Trump had lunged at a Secret Service agent in a limousine, demanding to be taken the Capitol on January 6 after his speech at the Ellipse.
Trump, in a rapid-fire slew of posts on his social media platform Truth Social, sought to rebut several elements of Hutchinson's under-oath testimony immediately after the June 28 hearing. He denied both the plate-throwing and the Secret Service incidents.
Hutchinson, a former aide to ex-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, worked closely with Trump's inner circle. Along with revealing more details of Trump's behavior in the aftermath of the 2020 election, Hutchinson also testified that at least nine Republicans sought preemptive pardons from Trump.
- Apple to launch new MacBook Pro models next month
- Amazon witnessed record Prime sign-ups during the Great Indian Festival Sale 2022, 68 percent from small towns
- Agnikul to launch Agnibaan rocket before 2022
- BYJU's clears ₹2,000 cr dues to Blackstone in $1 bn Aakash deal
- India installs avalanche monitoring radar in Sikkim
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Rana Kapoor
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World