RANKED: Amazon's 20 original shows from best to worst
In December, Amazon took Prime Video global by launching in over 200 countries.
At the same time, Amazon has beefed up its original shows, paying a reported $250 million for "The Grand Tour," its blockbuster car show from the "Top Gear" team. That show is one of Amazon's two most popular, along with "The Man in the High Castle," according to Amazon Studios boss Roy Price.
But besides dramas and car shows, Amazon has also carved out a niche for itself in dark comedies, and scored Golden Globes for "Transparent" and "Mozart in the Jungle." And Amazon has also had some big flops, notably Woody Allen's "Crisis in Six Scenes," which is tied for the worst-reviewed show in Amazon's history.
With Amazon's catalog continuing to grow, which shows are worth your time? To understand how Amazon's ~20 shows ranked against each other, we turned to reviews aggregator Metacritic, which pulls in critic (and audience) reviews from all over the world. We excluded shows made for kids, and looked at how the dramas and comedies compared to each other.
Here are Amazon's original shows, ranked based on their critical reception:
- India’s most valued bootstrapped companies in 2021 — World’s biggest COVID-19 vaccine maker rules the roost
- Amazon outage causes seven hour disruption at crypto exchanges, raises questions on 'decentralisation'
- Global cellular IoT module shipments reportedly grow 70% in third quarter
- Samsung Galaxy S22 to reportedly cost the same as Galaxy S21
- Farmers finally end their one-year long protest, will vacate the Delhi borders on Saturday