Reliance Communications likely to merge with Tatas to take on Vodafone-Idea merger, rising power of Reliance Jio
In an effort to counter rising Reliance Jio and upcoming Vodafone and Idea merger,
"Nothing has been finalised yet,” ET quoted sources as saying, who added there are some obstacles such as Tata Tele's debt of about Rs 30,000 crore. The legal issue regarding
If the deal gets through, RCom, Aircel and MTS will be one entity, which will have around 260 million subscribers. Presently, Airtel has 266 subscribers and
Jio had over 72 million users as of December end.
“While the combined entity won't be breaching any spectrum holding limits, it may choose to surrender some or all of Tata Tele's 800 MHz airwaves as RCom on its own, and through its sharing tie-up with Jio, already has a lot of those 4G airwaves and may not want to pay the additional amount to the government,” ET quoted sources as saying.
AdvertisementThe telecom war has intensified.
"It does not make sense to stay in an industry if you are not among the top three,” one of the persons told ET.
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC