Cyber Monday spending soars to record-high $9.2 billion online, with a whopping $3 billion spent via smartphones
Cyber Monday sales soared to $9.2 billion this year.
- Cyber Monday spending online soared 17% year-over-year to $9.2 billion, making it the biggest US online shopping day in history, according to Adobe Analytics data.
- A whopping $3 billion of Cyber Monday's online sales were completed through a smartphone.
- Top sellers on Cyber Monday included Frozen 2 toys, L.O.L Surprise Dolls, NERF products, Madden 20, Nintendo Switch, Jedi Fallen Order, Samsung TVs, Fire TV, Airpods, and air fryers, Adobe said.
Online spending on Cyber Monday soared nearly 17% year-over-year to $9.2 billion, with shoppers spending about $11 million ever minute during peak hours, according to preliminary data from Adobe Analytics.
A whopping $3 billion of Cyber Monday's online sales were completed through a smartphone, which represents a 46% increase over last year's smartphone-based purchases.
The spending totals make Cyber Monday 2019 the biggest online spending day in US history. Black Friday's online sales, by comparison, totaled $7.4 billion, according to Adobe. Onlines sales also totaled $7.4 billion on the Saturday and Sunday after Black Friday.
"Retailers unlocked sales earlier to combat a shorter shopping season, while continuing to drive up promotion of the big branded days including Black Friday and Cyber Monday," said John Copeland, head of marketing and consumer insights at Adobe. Consumers capitalized on deals and ramped up spending, especially on smartphones, where activity increased on days when shoppers were snowed or rained in."
Top sellers on Cyber Monday included Frozen 2 toys, L.O.L Surprise Dolls, NERF products, Madden 20, Nintendo Switch, Jedi Fallen Order, Samsung TVs, Fire TV, Airpods, and air fryers, Adobe said.
Since December 1, the holiday season overall has generated $72.1 billion online, representing growth of more than 16%.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP