SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya may serve for another year
Government is considering giving a one-year extension to
"There is a need for continuity at a time when the process of consolidation is going on," sources told an agency.
In this regard, the government is looking at the proposal of granting extension to the current chairperson whose three-year term comes to an end this month, sources added.
The government has also received views of the
Earlier this year, the
SBI has five associate lenders --
Among the associate banks, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Mysore and State Bank of Travancore are listed.
The merged entity will become a banking behemoth, which could compete with the largest in the world, with an asset base of Rs 37 trillion (Rs 37 lakh crore) or over USD 555 billion, 22,500 branches and 58,000 ATMs. It will have over 50 crore customers.
SBI had said that all its associate banks and BMB will be merged into it that will add an additional Rs 8 lakh crore to its assets.
AdvertisementPresently, SBI has close to 16,500 branches, including 191 foreign offices across 36 countries.
SBI first merged
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons