India’s largest bank’s profits after tax slipped by 61% in Q3!
The profits of the bank in the said quarter have fallen 61% down as compared to Sep-Dec 2014, because of a sharp rise it made in its bad loans provisions. On the other hand, the bank’s shares were traded at Rs 163 up 2.5% over what closed down on Wednesday.
The bank's gross NPAs touched Rs 72,792 crore (or 5.1%) of the total loans it has, which fell to 2.8% after making provisions of Rs 7,949 crore.
While bank’s total advances rose 7% to Rs 13.9 lakh crore, the deposits rose 6% to Rs 16.9 lakh crore.
Popular on BI
- Better.com CEO accused hundreds of the 900 people he laid off on Zoom of 'stealing' by working only 2 hours daily
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regulate work from home with a comprehensive framework
- India's income inequality is so bad that's weighing down the avg in both South Asia and SouthEast Asia
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit