Dolphins return to Italy, Venice canal shines, China’s air clears up – the impact of Coronavirus isolation says we need to rethink our ways
- With 219,345 cases worldwide as of March 19 morning, the world is on a ‘quarantine’ mode.
- However, this had a positive impact on our environment.
- Dolphins returned to Italy’s coastline, while the famous Venice canal is now clear enough for you to spot fish.
But not strangely enough, all of this isolation has had a positive effect on the climate and environment. And it shows that us humans need to rethink our ways.
In Italy’s coastline, dolphins have reappeared as the otherwise crowded line with ferries came to a standstill.
@caitlinmoran Due to the lockdown, ferries are no longer operating around Italy and dolphins have been appearing in… https://t.co/4dAzi0hpBh— Hannah Cattell (@HannahCattell) 1584452511000
Also in one of Italy’s most famous tourist attractions – Venice, the famous canals are clearer than ever, with the fish too being clearly visible and swans also being spotted. It is one of the most affected countries where 2,978 people have died of the virus.
Most people took to Twitter with the thought – Earth without human intervention seems to flourish.
Venice, Italy. The quarantine had some positive side effects. The water flowing in the canals is finally clear. The… https://t.co/lRvJZKPU5o— Elena Lika (@Elena__Lika) 1584477002000
Dolphins and swans have been spotted in the canals of Venice in what locals say is the first time in years as isola… https://t.co/331V5ezN3w— Mohamad Safa (@mhdksafa) 1584567925000
And it’s not just that, air pollution levels have drastically dropped around the world. Wuhan, which is the epicentre of the coronavirus, was in the midst of a complete lockdown and saw a massive fall in NO2 emissions. People have also been taking to social media to say that they can finally hear birds chirping outside their windows.
Images from NASA show that China, which saw over 80,000 coronavirus cases, is now breathing air due to the lockdown.
So, even as we face a calamity that has brought the world to a standstill, it tells us that we need to reevaluate our ways to ensure there’s a balance with nature again.
coronavirus: Latest News, Articles on coronavirus | Business Insider India
- Commercial flights from Bareilly airport expected to start by December
- Arvind Kejriwal launches ‘Green Delhi’ app — Here’s how to download and use the application
- New air pollution laws in Delhi-NCR — Non-compliance could lead to ₹1 crore fine, 5 years in jail
- WPP won $1.6 billion worth of new business in Q3
- Former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel dead