Illinois, New Jersey, and New York are the only states reopening according to federal guidelines, a ProPublica analysis found
- Illinois, New Jersey, and New York are the only three states to meet
White Houseguidelines for reopening, a ProPublica analysis found.
- The three states are also the only ones to not yet fully lift their stay-at-home orders, which have been in place for more than two months.
- Illinois became the first state to meet all of the criteria on Wednesday, the analysis said.
- New York, which is one of the hardest-hit states, also met all of the criteria.
Only three states have met federal guidelines on reopening their economies, a ProPublica analysis found, despite constant pressure from President
Illinois, New Jersey, and New York have met all the criteria recommended to reopen their states: showing a decrease in flu-like and positive COVID-19 cases over the span of two weeks, hospitals having the capacity to treat all patients without crisis care, and implementing a robust
Illinois was the first state to officially meet all of the criteria, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker announced Wednesday."I've always said that the data will tell us when we can reopen our state," Pritzker tweeted. "While the president ignores his own guidance and urges states to reopen prematurely, I'm proud that Illinois was the first state to hit all five White House metrics."
Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker has been at odds with the White House amid the pandemic, after President Donald Trump has refused the governor's request for coronavirus aid because the state was in "bad management" financially."If they spend the money, it's one thing for COVID, but they want money for 25 years of bad management," Trump told Fox Business in an previous interview. Illinois is planning to roll out phrase three of its reopening plan on Friday. Chicago, the largest city in the state, will not yet proceed to phase three but is due to follow the rest of the state in early June.
New York, which has been hit the hardest by the coronavirus outbreak in the US, has also met all of the criteria set by the White House.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has led the charge on coronavirus response in his state and publicly rebuked recommendations from Trump, who has been pushing states to reopen after federal guidelines on social distancing expired at the end of April.Read the original article on Business Insider
- The creative process: The journey from a brief to 'Final_final.jpg'
- Top stocks to watch on January 27
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort