Nurses told us the 7 things you should never say to them during a hospital visit
wavebreakmedia / Shutterstock.com
- Nurses revealed to Business Insider the seven things you should never say to them during a hospital or clinic visit.
- Yelling out "nurse" won't get you treatment faster.
- Nurses dislike when others make judgmental or demeaning comments about their profession.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Believe it or not, registered nurses don't like when you call them over by yelling out "nurse."Business Insider spoke with nurses across the country to find out what you should never say to them during a hospital or clinic visit.
Nurses spoke under the condition of anonymity to ensure they don't face any career repercussions. Business Insider confirmed their identity prior to publishing.Here are seven things you should never say to your nurse.
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
"So why are you just a nurse?"
Don't go off on tangents when discussing your medical history, and don't get too chatty if the clinician has work to do.
"What do you mean you don't know?"
"Can you bring me new sheets right now?"
"Actually, I know where to put the IV from watching Grey's Anatomy."
- PM Narendra Modi stresses that lockdown will be the last option, says centre and states are working on oxygen supply
- Desperately need supply of oxygen to save lives, appeals Delhi's Ganga Ram Hospital
- 4.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine were wasted in India — enough to vaccinate half of Bangalore
- Facebook to start pilot runs for its digital currency ‘Diem’ this year, says report
- SaaS startup Chargebee is the 11th unicorn of 2021 and the sixth for Tiger Global this year alone