One chart explains why the UK pulled the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine for under-30s
- The UK plans to offer alternatives to AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine to people under the age of 30.
- Officials say a suspected blood-clot side effect is rare and the jab's benefits outweigh any risks.
- But young people are thought to face the highest risk of clots and lowest risk from COVID-19.
- The chart above, made by the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, estimates this balance of risks.
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days