One chart explains why the UK pulled the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine for under-30s
- The UK plans to offer alternatives to AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine to people under the age of 30.
- Officials say a suspected blood-clot side effect is rare and the jab's benefits outweigh any risks.
- But young people are thought to face the highest risk of clots and lowest risk from COVID-19.
- The chart above, made by the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, estimates this balance of risks.
Popular on BI
- RIL, TCS, Titan, Bharti Airtel among stocks to watch out for on July 7
- Best HP laptop in India 2022: Which one is for you?
- Towards 'zero hunger': Odisha tops 'State Ranking Index' first under under National Food Security Act; UP, Andhra, and Gujarat also score high
- Best face creams and lotions for men in India
- Monsoon rain wreaks havoc in Himachal and Karnataka, orange alert in Gujarat