One chart explains why the UK pulled the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine for under-30s
- The UK plans to offer alternatives to AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine to people under the age of 30.
- Officials say a suspected blood-clot side effect is rare and the jab's benefits outweigh any risks.
- But young people are thought to face the highest risk of clots and lowest risk from COVID-19.
- The chart above, made by the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, estimates this balance of risks.
- India records highest single-day rise of 2,61,500 COVID-19 cases and 1,501 deaths
- Odisha halts COVID-19 vaccination drive in 1,035 sites due to its acute shortage
- All Migrant workers coming to Uttar Pradesh to be quarantined
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS updated with M1 chip support
- GoaMiles, a new state-backed cab aggregator service in tourists' hub has the taxi drivers on strike for 10 days