Read the pitch deck that buzzy startup Devoted Health used to reach a $1.8 billion valuation before it signed up a single customer
The startup, which has been gathering lots of buzz in the last year, was founded to sell private health insurance plans to U.S. seniors, a market that is growing rapidly as Baby Boomers age.
But the deck also outlined the company's aggressive plans for its first five years. Devoted Health planned to sign up 5,000 members for 2019 and grow that to 103,722 by 2023. It expects to make about $1.2 billion in revenue in 2023 while generating a small net loss.Here's what else Devoted Health laid out in the pitch deck:
- How the company, in part, plans to make money by owning its own medical group in addition to the insurance operation
- Its plan to take on the healthcare giants in Medicare Advantage
- Why it thinks it can generate better margins than other Medicare Advantage health insurers
- How the company can eclipse 100,000 members
- And more about the company's aggressive five-year plan
BI Prime is publishing dozens of stories like this each and every day. Want to get started by reading the full pitch deck?
- Petrol, diesel prices hiked again after a three day pause
- Gurugram: Over 4,500 health workers to get vaccine on Monday
- 13,788 new coronavirus infections reported in the last 24 hours in India
- The ₹4,600 crore IPO from IRFC is ‘attractive,’ and the best thing about the borrowing arm for Indian Railways is the assured margin
- Realme and Samsung top consumer choices in the mid-range segment as per a survey