US will likely miss Biden's July 4 COVID-19 goal of having 70% of adults vaccinated, White House says
- The country will likely miss Biden's goal of having 70% of adults partially vaccinated by July 4.
White Housemade the announcement on Tuesday.
- Press secretary Jen Psaki said the goal will likely be achieved a couple weeks after July 4.
The United States will probably miss President
As of Tuesday, the country has reached its 70% vaccination goal for Americans aged 30 and older, White House
However, Zients mentioned that there has been greater vaccine hesitancy among adults aged 18 to 26, and that it could take "a few extra weeks" after the July 4 date for all adults to receive at least one shot.
"The reality is that many younger Americans have felt like COVID-19 is not something that impacts them, and they have been less eager to get the shot," he said. "However with the Delta variant spreading across the country and infecting younger people world wide, it's more important than ever that they get vaccinated. We're working with state and local leaders to reach them."
Biden initially set the goal on May 4 to have 70% of adults partially vaccinated by the Fourth of July. According to the New York Times tracker, about 65% of adults across the country have received at least one vaccine dose. More than 15 states have already surpassed Biden's goal, yet plenty are still making progress toward it.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Tuesday that the White House will continue its partnership with state and local governments to ensure every American adult has access to the shot, but ultimately it's "up to individuals to make the decision to get vaccinated."
When asked by reporters about Biden missing his target, Psaki stressed that the White House doesn't "see it exactly like something went wrong." Rather, Biden set a "bold, ambitious goal" that is expected to be met weeks after July 4, she said.
- Paradeep Phosphates IPO — how to check allotment status
- Aether Industries Limited IPO open today — check out other important dates
- Realme Pad Mini review – a good option for entry-level users
- Top 5 SUV cars under ₹20 Lakhs
- Best free Android games without ads in 2022