Kamala Harris announces space coalition including Elon Musk's SpaceX and Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin as the White House seeks to broaden the aerospace industry
- VP Kamala Harris announced a new coalition of space firms to diversify the workforce of the aerospace industry, per Reuters.
- The report said Blue Origin, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Northrop Grumman will anchor the coalition.
US Vice President Kamala Harris announced on Friday the US is creating a coalition of major space firms in order to broaden the country's aerospace sector, according to a White House statement.
Reuters first reported the news.
Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Northrop Grumman are set to anchor the coalition, the statement said, per Reuters.
Other companies including Elon Musk's SpaceX, Bezos' Amazon, and Richard Branson's Virgin Orbit will partner in the coalition, the White House said in the statement, per Reuters.
The aim of the coalition is to widen the pool of job opportunities in the space industry for people who come from underrepresented backgrounds, per the statement, cited by Reuters. The White House is expected to launch the coalition in October and have three pilot programs, Reuters reported.
The White House and the companies mentioned in this report didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts