Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Uranus will line up together in the night sky on March 28, 2023.
- Stargazers will be able to see this rare spectacular event with these 5
planetsarranged in the shape of an arc.
- If you do not want to miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime event, astronomers recommend strong binoculars and a good spot to watch from.
AdvertisementStar gazers worldwide have marked March 28 on their calendars for a once-in-a-lifetime cosmic spectacle. Described as one another spectacular cosmic event to happen in the last week of March 2023, five planets including Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Uranus will be aligned in an arc form along with the moon after sunset on March 28. Different international media reports describe it as an extremely rare astronomical event.
How will these planets look like
Among the five planets to align in the sky, Venus will be the brightest which will appear to the upper left of Jupiter and Mercury. Due to its dazzling brilliance, Venus can be spotted through the naked eye.
Also, reports say that Jupiter will look brighter than Mercury. Uranus will be very difficult to spot with the naked eye without the help of any visual aids. Reports say that Uranus will appear faintly near Venus. Mars will be seen very high in the sky with a noticeable hue.
The arc-shaped alignment of these five planets will be seen starting from just above the horizon to stretching much higher in the sky reaching the quarter moon.
March 28 will be the best time to watch the night sky since the chances of a clear sky are higher. While these five planets will make this scenic alignment during the night of March 28, one can see these planets together in the sky, a few days before and after this event as well.
The easiest way to see this planetary arrangement clearly is by using a good pair of binoculars.
Why does this spectacular alignment happen?
While explaining why this rare planetary arrangement will happen, NASA says, “The planets orbit around the sun in approximately the same plane – the ecliptic plane – and thus trace similar paths across our sky.”
Usually a planetary alignment happens when some planets get close together on one side of the sun during a given time.
AdvertisementOther planetary alignments in 2023
The rare kind of parade by the five planets discussed above is not the only such event in 2023. There is also a list of other smaller but interesting planetary alignments waiting for them in this year to happen on April 11 and 24, May 29, June 17, July 26, and August 24.
The next major planetary arrangement in the sky will happen on September 8, 2024 in which five planets will stage one another spectacular event in the sky along with a crescent moon.
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May