Serena Williams identified Roger Federer's one 'super underestimated' skill after playing him for the first time
- Roger Federer's serve is "super underestimated" according to Serena Williams.
- The tennis greats have a combined 43 Grand Slam titles between them.
- They played each other for the first time on Tuesday, with Federer coming out on top in a mixed doubles match at the Hopman Cup.
- Williams called his serve an "awesome weapon."
View all Offers
- 16% OFF
Oppo A16 (Pearl Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 13490₹ 16990Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 Power (Mighty Black 4GB RAM 64GB Storage) - 6000mAh Battery |FHD+ Screen | 48MP Quad Camera | Alexa Hands-Free Capable₹ 11499₹ 13999Buy On
- 28% OFF
OPPO A31 (Mystery Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 11490₹ 15990Buy On
- 8% OFF
OnePlus 9R 5G (Lake Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 36999₹ 39999Buy On
Roger Federer's serve is an "awesome weapon," according to Serena Williams.
Both tennis players, heralded as the best the sport has seen, made history on Tuesday when they shared a court in a mixed doubles match, with Federer and his partner Belinda Bencic prevailing over Williams and Frances Tiafoe at the Hopman Cup in Perth, Australia.
A 20-time Grand Slam champion, Federer has exceptional tennis intelligence, an outrageous forehand, and is a big-game player for the big occasions. But after playing against him for the first time in her career, Williams - who has won 23 majors herself - says he also has a "killer serve."
Aside from a rogue double fault, Federer served reasonably well during the January 1 dream match and scored winners against Williams.
In a post-match interview at the Hopman Cup, Williams said: "I think his serve is super underestimated… he has a killer serve, you can't read it, and there's a reason why he's the greatest as you can't be that great and not have such an awesome weapon like that serve."
Federer's fastest recorded serve speed is 230 kmh (143 mph) and has an average speed of 207 to 209 kmh (128.5 to 130 mph), according to the Sydney Morning Herald. He has 10,818 career aces in singles competition.
NOW WATCH: These are the top 7 smartphones of 2018
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report
- Income tax department updates Form 26AS, now includes mutual fund purchases, foreign remittances and more
- IPOs opening on November 1: SJS Enterprises and chemical maker Sigachi industries