Manny Pacquiao's manager says Conor McGregor knows where to go if he wants a 'proper fight' after UFC 246
Photos by John Locher / Isaac Brekken / AP Images
- Manny Pacquiao's manager appeared to challenge Conor McGregor to a boxing match with his client.
- In a video posted on Twitter, Pacquiao wishes McGregor good luck and to do his best during his UFC 246 fight with Donald Cerrone on Saturday.
- Gibbons then says: "After, if you want a proper fight … [it would be] good to see ya."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
One name continually came up more than others - Pacquiao, the former eight-weight world champion boxer.At a press conference inside the Pearl Theater at the Palms Casino Resort on Tuesday, McGregor said he had been "in talks" with Pacquiao, 41, regarding a boxing match later this year.
On Thursday at the UFC Apex in the Enterprise district of the city, the prominent combat sports reporter Gareth A. Davies told Business Insider such a fight could generate $250 million and serve as Pacquiao's retirement party.Now, Pacquiao has appeared in a video posted on Twitter by Yahoo Sports reporter Kevin Iole in which he wishes McGregor well ahead of fight night."Conor, good luck in your fight on Saturday night," he said. "Do your best."
Pacquiao's manager Gibbons, who had the Irish flag draped over his shoulders, said: "After that, if you want a proper fight … [it would be] good to see ya!"
Watch the clip below:Read more:
- After Bihar, now BJP promises free Corona vaccine in MP
- Sanofi, GSK to support COVAX with 200mn doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Union Minister Smriti Irani tests positive for COVID-19
- Samsung overtakes Xiaomi to retake the smartphone crown in India
- Axis Bank is back in the black as fee collections ramp up and ₹10,000 crore in fund raising cushions the balance sheet