The Patriots ran a trick play where Julian Edelman threw a gorgeous touchdown pass to take a lead over the Eagles
- The New England Patriots ran a trick play that featured Julian Edelman throwing a perfect touchdown pass.
- The Patriots offense had been stifled in the first half by the Philadelphia Eagles, but they got creative in the third quarter to take the lead.
- Watch the play below.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The New England Patriots went deep in their playbook to open the third quarter and score their first touchdown of the game vs. the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.Trailing the Eagles, 10-9, to begin the second half, the Patriots used eight plays to march down to the Eagles' 15-yard line. On 3rd-and-11, Tom Brady threw a short backwards pass to the right to Julian Edelman, who then tossed gorgeous ball to Phillip Dorsett in the end zone for the score.Advertisement
Watch the play below:
The Patriots moved the score to 17-10 with a two-point conversion on a James White run.The Patriots offense was stagnant in the first half, as Brady set a career-high for incompletions in a half with 14. With the Eagles defense stifling them, the Patriots got clever to finally get in the end zone and take the lead.
It helps, then, to have a quarterback-turned-receiver on the roster in Edelman.
- Read more:
- The NFL's pass interference rules continue to baffle as a seemingly obvious grab prevented a Texans touchdown and didn't get overturned
- The best throw of Dwayne Haskins' young NFL career was negated by a holding call
- Colin Kaepernick put the ball in NFL teams' court after an impressive and complicated workout
- Confiscate Bengaluru rioters' properties like Yogi Adityanath did, suggests Tejasvi Surya
- Best affordable smartwatches in India that work with Android and iOS
- JEE Mains admit card 2020 to be out soon. Here’s how to download it
- Friends Dry Pants aims to destigmatise talking about urine leakage and weak bladders in its campaign
- Amazon’s entry in food delivery is a speed bump on Zomato and Swiggy’s race to profitability, says report