Another IPO coming your way: Chemspec Chemicals looks to raise ₹700 crore through public listing
- Chemspec Chemicals is looking to raise ₹700 crore through a complete offer for sale by promoters.
- Chemspec Chemicals is one of the leading manufacturers globally of critical additives for FMCG ingredients used in skin and hair care products, and intermediates for active pharmaceutical ingredient (APIs) used in antihypertensive drugs.
- The company exports products to 42 countries in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa.
A DRHP is filed when a company is planning to raise money from and it provides details about its business operations and financials.
The company is looking to raise ₹700 crore through a complete offer for sale (OFS) by existing promoters Bhaichand Amoluk Consultancy Services (₹233 crore), Mitul Vora (₹233 crore) and Rushabh Vora (₹233 crore).
AdvertisementChemspec Chemicals is one of the leading manufacturers, globally, of critical additives for fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) ingredients used in skin and hair care products, and intermediates for active pharmaceutical ingredient (APIs) used in antihypertensive drugs.
As part of its FMCG product portfolio, it manufactures active ingredients used in sunscreen lotions and creams, antibacterial soaps, anti-dandruff shampoos, and preservatives.
The Company is also the largest manufacturer of ‘piroctone olamine’ in India, and the largest producer of ‘chemilide’ (an antibacterial ingredient) in the world with an approximate market share of 70% market share.
Its clientele include Beiersdorf AG, Unilever Supply Chain Company AG, L’Oreal, DSM Nutritional Products, Godrej Consumers Products, Glenmark Life Sciences, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, CTX Lifesciences etc.
Over the years, the company has evolved from a local supplier to FMCG companies in India to a supplier to multinational FMCG companies in 43 countries across five continents. Revenue from such companies constituted 86.67%, 88.88% and 89.76% of total revenue from operations in FY21, FY20 and FY19 respectively.
The company manufactures these products at Taloja facility in Maharashtra.
AdvertisementIt has been exporting its products to 43 countries in North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific region (APAC) including Japan, the Middle East and Africa
|Revenue||₹ 335 crore||₹ 607 crore||₹ 510 crore|
|Profit||₹ 5 crore||₹ 60 crore||₹ 81 crore|
The company’s peers including SRF, Vinati Organics, Galaxy Surfactants and so on have delivered good double digit returns in the last six months .
|Peer companies||Stock returns in Jan 2021-June 2021|
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: G R Infraprojects IPO makes a strong listing on exchanges with over 100% premium, shares open at ₹1700
Clean Science and Technology IPO: Shares list at 100% premium on exchanges
Popular on BI
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
- IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians slips down to seventh spot after losing a match to RCB