The best jade rollers you can buy
- Jade rollers have gotten popular recently, but these devices have been used in China for centuries and are known for their cooling, anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Most jade rollers are double-sided with a large stone on one end to be used around cheeks and jaws, and a smaller piece on the other end for eyes. Other rollers might just be one-sided.
- The Mount Lai De-Puffing Jade Facial Roller is our top pick because it's the total package - double-ended, luxe packaging, and reasonably priced.
Jade rollers have reached peak saturation - they're on your Instagram feed, touted by experts as a miraculous, fix-everything solution. But they're far from being just a fad - jade rollers have been popular in China for centuries, long before social media influencers existed to plug them in sponsored blog posts.
While no skin-care gadget can answer all your skin concerns, massaging your face with a jade roller can have numerous benefits. Jade rollers are said to help reduce inflammation, help skin-care products soak into the skin better, cut down on puffiness, and loosen tight spots that form from repetitive motion, like furrowing that brow as you squint at your phone). Most are double-sided, with a smaller stone for harder-to-reach spots and a wider one for massaging the cheeks, jawline, and neck.But no guide to buying jade rollers would be complete without a little gemology lesson in the stones first. There are only two types of true jade - nephrite and jadeite. Most rollers marketed as "jade" are made from Xiuyan (or Xiyuan) jade, which is actually a type of serpentine crystal. Its composition is fundamentally different from nephrite and jadeite, but it can have different shades of green that make it look like jade. It can't accurately be categorized as jade but historically and culturally, Chinese people include Xiuyan jade under the larger "jade" umbrella. Nephrite and jadeite are also extremely valuable, expensive, and belong in museums, so if we're being honest, there's no way the real deal would be incorporated into skin-care tools that cost $60. Advertisement
But despite these "jade" rollers not being made out of made of nephrite and jadeite, the rollers still work exactly the same way. They'll still have the same depuffing and relaxing benefits if you use them regularly with an oil or serum, and your skin will still feel fresh and rejuvenated.
Here are the best jade rollers you can buy:
- Best jade roller overall: Mount Lai De-Puffing Jade Facial Roller
- Best jade roller starter kit: GingerChi Anti-Aging Jade Roller
- Best drugstore jade roller: Revlon Cool & Depuff Jade Stone Facial Roller
- Best body jade roller: Esker Beauty Allover Jade Roller
- Best dual-texture jade roller: Skin Gym Double Duty Smooth & Textured Jade Face Roller
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best jade roller overall
The best jade roller starter kitAdvertisement
The best drugstore jade roller
The best dual-texture jade rollerAdvertisement
The best jade roller for the body
What else we consideredAdvertisement
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank raises Rs 62 cr
- US court dismisses anti-conservative bias suit against Twitter, FB
- Air passenger who took Bengaluru-Madurai flight tests positive for COVID-19
- 3 more test positive for COVID-19 in HP, tally mounts to 277
- IDFC First Bank launches video KYC facility for customers to open savings accounts