The best leather protectors you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Nothing can completely prevent scuffs, scratches, and damage on leather goods, but a good leather protector can help.
- Our top pick is the highly-rated Guardsman Protect & Preserve For Leather, which works on everything from ankle boots to car seats.
If you, too, have some precious leather goods you'd like to shield from the elements, it's might be a good idea to invest in a leather protector. Most protectors come in spray or balm form and guard delicate leathers from rain, snow, liquid, and wine you spilled on your desk chair while working late into the night.
They won't protect your items from all signs of wear-and-tear - abrasions, creases, and scuff marks are somewhat unavoidable - but it's an extra step you can take to ensure your leather items age gracefully.While leather protectors are especially useful for pieces you plan to take outside like jackets, shoes, and bags, it can't hurt to apply them to furnishings you want to keep in tip-top shape, either. And the kind of leather protector you should buy depends on the type of leather you're planning to use it on.
Here are the best leather protectors you can buy:
- Best leather protector overall: Guardsman Protect & Preserve For Leather
- Best suede protector: Scotchgard Suede & Nubuck Protector
- Best leather protector for boots: Kiwi Boot Protector
- Best leather protector cream: Aquaseal Leather Waterproof Cream
- Best leather protector kit: Apple Brand Leather Care Kit
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best leather protector overall
The best suede protectorAdvertisement
The best leather protector for boots
The best leather protector creamAdvertisement
The best leather protector kit
Check out our guide to the best shoe polishAdvertisement
- Best pop up camera smartphones in India for a distraction free viewing experience
- Bird poop worth $470 million is at risk — could hold the key to saving seabirds across the world
- COVID crashed profit and Pidilite couldn’t fix it— yet
- There are five companies making Favipiravir now — and it is good for supply and prices
- Best 5,000mAh battery smartphones