The best leave-in treatments for curly hair
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Conditioners, mists, gels, and creams are just a few of the options for leave-in treatments that are suitable for use on curly hair.
- The best ones hydrate and revitalize strands while cutting down on frizz.
- Our top pick is Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls, a multi-use product that detangles and styles all different types of curls.
A lifetime spent with curly hair has taught me a few things. Mostly, that I'm too lazy to do much with my hair after a shower. But I've also learned that a little effort and the right products make me 10 times happier with my style.
In my opinion, getting a good haircut is the single most important thing you can do. I go to Devachan in New York City's SoHo neighborhood, but there are many curl specialists located throughout the United States. Once you have your ideal cut, you can focus on using the right styling products and treatments to enhance your curls.
I never use heat on my hair, so I'm always looking for gels, creams, and serums that will cut down on frizz and add definition to my curls on their own. But there are countless leave-in treatments for curly hair that will help you get your desired effect, whether you air dry or not. I've researched the most beloved curly hair products on the market for this list of favorites you're guaranteed to love.
Here are the best leave-in treatments for curly hair in 2019:
- Best leave-in treatment for curly hair overall: Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls
- Best gel for curly hair: DevaCurl Light Defining Gel
- Best drugstore leave-in treatment for curly hair: Kristin Ess Air Dry Creme
- Best leave-in treatment for dry curls: SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
- Best conditioning spray for curly hair: Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.