The NYC penthouse that Barbra Streisand lived in for nearly 40 years is on the market for $11.25 million - here's a look inside
Gary Gershoff/Getty; David Paler Photography
- Barbra Streisand's former NYC penthouse is on the market for $11.25 million. Fox Residential has the listing.
- The singer sold it 18 years ago to its current owners for $4.25 million, according to listing agent Barbara Fox.
- The penthouse comes with a $12,000 monthly maintenance bill, which covers the general upkeep of the building, the staffing of the building, taxes, and mortgage interest.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Streisand isn't the only celebrity who has called the penthouse home. Fox also confirmed to Business Insider that before the Ardsley started to sell its units, it served as a rental building where Lorenz Hart, a famous lyricist known for his partnership with composer Richard Rodgers from 1919 to 1943, rented the space.
The entire penthouse totals 6,236 square feet with 11- to 12-foot-high ceilings. It has four bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a corner library, and a $12,000 monthly maintenance bill, according to Fox.Read more: There are only 3 Frank Lloyd Wright houses in Texas, and one just hit the market for $2.85 million.
Barbra Streisand's old apartment is located at 320 Central Park West — also known as the Ardsley — on Manhattan's Upper West Side, between Central Park and the Hudson River.
Along with Streisand, the Upper West Side has, over the years, been home to some of Hollywood's favorite stars including Tim Gunn, Jerry Seinfeld, Bobby Flay, and Amy Schumer.Advertisement
Before the Ardsley started to sell its units, it served as a rental building. In the 1940s, lyricist Lorenz Hart lived in what is now the penthouse.
Streisand's former penthouse, which spans two floors and has a private elevator, is now on the market for $11.25 million.Advertisement
After living in the apartment for nearly 40 years, Streisand sold the apartment to its current owners in 2002 for $4.25 million.
With the exception of new appliances, the kitchen is exactly how Streisand left it.Advertisement
There are four bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms in the duplex.
The penthouse spans 6,236 square feet and has 11- to 12-foot-high ceilings.Advertisement
The home comes with a $12,000 monthly maintenance bill, which covers the general upkeep of the building, the staffing of the building, taxes, and mortgage interest.
The building's amenities include a fitness center, a lending library, a children's play center, bike rooms, and storage rooms.Advertisement
And, in case the apartment's 27 windows — with views of Central Park and Manhattan — aren't enough, it also features 2,500 square feet of terrace space.
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry