Indian government will aid J&K’s children who lost a parent to naxal or terror attacks
- Addressing the unemployment crisis in the valley, PM Modi said that the residents in
Jammu and Kashmirwill now be benefited from the PM Scholarship Scheme.
- The government is planning to establish colleges including Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), Indian Institute of Management (IIMs), All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMs).
- It has recently revised the scholarship amount for girls from ₹2,250 to ₹3,000 per month and ₹2,000 to ₹2,500 for boys.
- In 2016, the government launched the IIM Jammu campus.
AdvertisementIndia’s Prime Minister
He said that the youth will be able to now benefit from the PM Scholarship Scheme, which provides house rent allowance and other aid to students affected by war and other activities.
The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was introduced by the Ministry of Home Affairs in 2006. It is dedicated to provide benefits of higher professional and technical education to the children of widows of
Our Government’s first decision dedicated to those who protect India! Major changes approved in PM’s Scholarship… https://t.co/ugAcGWqS03— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1559304746000
The scheme will provide 500 more scholarships to the wards of those martyred in naxal or terror attacks.
In its latest push to create education and employment in the naxal affected areas, the Modi government expanded the scholarship programme. The scholarship amount was revised by from ₹2,250 to ₹3,000 per month for girls; and ₹2,000 to ₹2,500 for boys.
The government is also planning to set up elite institutes including Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), Indian Institute of Management (IIMs), All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMs) in the newly formed union territory.
The government had already launched IIM Jammu campus in 2016. The institute is also expected to have an off-campus centre in Srinagar, India Today reported citing the officials of Human Resource and Development Ministry(MHRD).
“Now my youth of J&K will lead the development work and take the region to new heights,” Modi said. He also said that the employees in J&K can enjoy equal pay and perks along with provisions of government jobs in the area.
Now anyone can purchase land in Jammu Kashmir after scraps article 370 and 35A
The situation in Kashmir is more tense after India scrapped 'special' status — forces are on high alert fearing violence
- India registers lowest new COVID-19 cases in 3 months
- Top stock movers — Kotak Mahindra Bank, IndusInd Bank, Tata Motors, Nestle India, Tech Mahindra, YES Bank and others
- India’s FMCG guru and founder of $6 billion Marico Harsh Mariwala on how e-commerce has removed entry barriers
- Army commanders to review situation in Ladakh, internal reforms at 4-day conference today
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defence Secretary Mark Esper to arrive in India today