The top 10 trips Americans wanted to take in 2018, according to Google
- Google recently released its "Year in Search" for 2018, which highlights people, topics, events, and places that made up the year's top searches.
- We looked at the top 10 results for the search query, "Trip to..." to see which travel destinations interested people most throughout the year.
- Paris, New Orleans, and Iceland were some of the top trending places on Google.
Google recently released its 2018 "Year in Search," which highlights people, topics, events, and places that made up the top trending searches of the year. Advertisement
We looked at the top 10 results for the search query "Trip to..." to see which travel destinations interested people most throughout the year. The results include a mix of cities and countries.
When people searched "Trip to..." in 2018, some of the top destinations they looked for were New Orleans, Iceland, and Bora Bora. For context, we also looked at how many tourists actually visited these locations, using numbers from 2017, as tourism data for 2018 isn't yet available for all locations.While these terms aren't necessarily the "most searched," they are trending queries that "had a high spike in traffic over a sustained period in 2018 as compared to 2017," a Google publicist told Business Insider.
Here are the top 10 destinations:
9. New OrleansAdvertisement
8. New York
7. Bora BoraAdvertisement
- Avast warns of 3 'fleeceware' apps on Apple App Store
- Maha COVID-19 cases up by 2,560 to 74,860; 122 deaths in day
- Religare Enterprises raises Rs 300 cr by divesting stake in RHICL to Kedaara Capital
- 168 new coronavirus cases in MP, seven deaths
- Nine fresh COVID-19 positive cases in Ladakh, tally reaches 90