A photo of an extravagant Frappuccino's long list of modifications has gone viral amid a TikTok trend encouraging complex Starbucks orders
- A Twitter user went viral over the weekend with a picture of a customer's extravagant order.
- "On today's episode of why i wanna quit my job," they wrote, receiving over 330,000 likes.
- A controversial TikTok trend sees customers order complex drinks with dozens of additions.
A Twitter user who appears to be a Starbucks barista went viral over the weekend with a picture of an extravagant Frappuccino order. The customer, identified only as "Edward" on the receipt, ordered a drink which contained 5 bananas, 5 pumps of coffee, extra caramel crunch, extra caramel drizzle, extra whip, and much more.
"On today's episode of why i wanna quit my job," @ProjectJosiee wrote on Twitter, gaining over 330,000 likes. The post then started trending, along with the term "Edward."
-Josie (@ProjectJosiee) May 2, 2021
The order has been linked to a TikTok trend where users try to order the most outlandish and complicated drinks they can think of under the #Starbucks hashtag. Social media has a history of popularizing complex tastes, as evidenced by the 2017 Instagram trend in which people became obsessed with Unicorn Frappuccinos.
The latest TikTok trend is controversial because it can be stressful in busy periods for Starbucks workers who have to fulfill orders with copious additions.
One employee told In The Know that complicated TikTok-inspired drinks are "the bane of my existence."
"We have had people in the middle of a rush, drive through the speaker box to show us a video instead of knowing what was inside [the drink] beforehand," they said.
Underneath the original tweet, people shared other convoluted Starbucks orders.
One person who goes by @binxsicle posted a photo of a green tea drink with 31 lines of extra ingredients, saying the order comes in "every other week."
"I raise you this," replied @victoriasarberr, posting a photo of a concoction that contained 2% milk, heavy cream, and six different types of syrups among the 33 additions.
-bucky barnes stan account (@victoriasarberr) May 3, 2021
@ProjectJosiee has previously called out customers with intricate requests on TikTok, which they linked below the viral post, saying they were on their way to work to "go get verbally harassed by Karens because I didn't make their overpriced venti skinny vanilla latte, no foam, extra hot, extra whip, upside down, make with the devil's tears the RIGHT WAY and their cup of water."
In a follow-up TikTok posted on May 3, after going viral on Twitter, they said: "I hope I don't get fired."
Insider has reached out to @ProjectJosiee but has yet to hear back.
##fyp ##starbucks ##tobeapartner ##karen ##foryou♬ GOOBA - 6ix9ine
The post also generated a conversation about what Starbucks employees have to go through, often for a low wage.
On May 1, Business Insider reported that while Starbucks offers attractive benefits such as mental health help and childcare, workers across the US say their stores are understaffed, and they have to put up with harassment from customers.
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others
- Electronic manufacturing services firm Avalon Technologies’ ₹865 crore IPO to open on April 3
- Sky gazers in for celestial treat tonight with 5 planets forming an arc
- Sensex, Nifty close marginally down in volatile trade
- After disappointing 2022, wind industry to expect record installations over the next three years: GWEC report