Disney World is replacing its famous purple street signs, and some fans are devastated by the change
- Disney World is replacing its famous purple street signs with new blue ones.
- The purple versions were introduced in the 1990s, and were an integral part of vacations for many.
Though Disney World is always evolving, even minor changes can seem major to die-hard fans.
That was clear on Thursday when blogs began reporting that the Orlando, Florida, theme park had started replacing its famous purple street signs with blue ones.
—WDW News Today (@WDWNT) January 27, 2022
Sussman Prejza created the purple signs — which directed drivers to Disney's theme parks, resorts, and more — back in the '90s.
According to the design company's website, it was tasked at the time with making "a vehicular signing system that would be unique in spirit, clean, easy to follow, and capable of being expanded as the area continues to grow."
Many fans grew to love the signage, as it differed from standard green and blue designs and signified that you were at Disney World. As WDWNT pointed out, Disney has even sold merchandise inspired by the signs in the past.
Many Disney parkgoers have expressed disappointment after seeing photos of the new location markers.
—Gina (@ginab523) January 27, 2022
—:)✨ (@bethemagictoday) January 28, 2022
—Extremely Kordei (@extremelykordei) January 27, 2022
Others, however, are welcoming the change and arguing that the blue signs look better than the originals.
—crazyparkguy (@crazyparkguy) January 27, 2022
—D (@wirefick) January 28, 2022
—Disney_Single_Rider➡️ (@RiderDisney) January 27, 2022
Both were initially criticized by fans, but have arguably grown more popular over time.
- Retail inflation could soften by 50-60 basis points on government interventions: CARE
- Tata Steel, JSW, SAIL and JSPL will lose half of their export biz as government wages war on inflation
- Sony has announced that half of its game releases will be on PC and mobile by 2025
- Meta-owned Instagram rolls out exclusive ‘1 Minute Music’ tracks for reels in India
- Top energy efficient front load washing machines
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction