Here are some unique facts about billionaires Warren Buffett and Bill Gates' 29-year old friendship
- Wall Street legend Warren Buffett turned 90 years old and
Bill Gateswrote him an emotional note.
- Bill Gates wished Buffett on his birthday with a special Oreo cake bearing Buffett’s face and a written tribute on his blog.
- Here are some of the unique facts that you should miss about Buffett’s and Gates’ 29 years-old friendship.
AdvertisementThe business tycoon Warren Buffett turned 90 years old yesterday. His close friend and billionaire Bill Gates wished him on his birthday with a special Oreo cake bearing Buffett’s face and a written tribute on his blog’ Gates Notes’.
“It’s hard to believe that my close friend is entering his tenth decade,” Gates said in his blog.
“Warren has the mental sharpness of a 30-year-old, the mischievous laugh of a 10-year-old, and the diet of a 6-year-old. He once told me that he looked at the data and discovered that first-graders have the best actuarial odds, so he decided to eat like one. He was only half-joking,” He added on his blog.
Happy 90th birthday, Warren! https://t.co/8nH2EulTR4— Bill Gates (@BillGates) 1598805474000
These are some of the unique facts revealed by the Microsoft founder about his 29 years-old friendship with Buffett:
- Warren and Bill Gates love numbers. Bill Gates, on his blog, said “I couldn’t possibly list all the interests Warren and I share. But one thing we discovered the first time we met is that we both love math and numbers.” He further shared various numbers and their importance.
- According to Bill Gates, It has been more than “10,649” days since he met Buffett on July 5, 1991. He also shared number “2” on his blog and said that the number is special because he had set “Melinda’s and Warren’s” number on speed dial “2” at his office.
- Warren and Bill Gates love the book ‘Business Adventures’ by John Brooks. When Buffet and Gates first met, Buffet lent his copy of Business Adventures to Gates, and since then it became Gates favourite book. “Business Adventures remains the best business book I’ve ever read,” Bill Gates told The Wall Street Journal.
- “Although Warren works incredibly hard, he always leaves time for extracurricular activities. Here he is throwing out the first pitch at an Omaha Royals minor-league baseball game, and guest-starring on an episode of All My Children opposite Susan Lucci and Jill Larson,” Gates wrote.
- On his blog, Gates recalled how Warren explained to him the meaning of friendship when they both were talking to some college graduates. “Make some good friends, keep them for the rest of your life, but have them be people that you admire as well as like. A person that I admire as well as like—that’s the perfect description of how I feel about Warren. Happy birthday, my friend” Gates signed off on his blog.
SEE ALSO: From Chingari to Zoho Corp— all the businesses that can boast of accolades from Prime Minister Modi
Ambani vs Damani — India’s $635 billion retail ring will see the country’s two richest men battle with different strategies
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day