Interesting facts about microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
- Nadella is the third person to become Microsoft’s CEO after Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer.
- He authored a book titled ‘Hit Refresh’ which talks about his life and career.
- Here are a few interesting and lesser known facts about
Birth and education
Satya Nadella was born in Hyderabad and hails from a Telugu speaking family. His father Nadella Yugandhar was a civil servant of the 1962 batch and worked for the Indian Administrative Service. Satya Nadella did his schooling in Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet and then got his Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology. He studied M.S. in Computer Science at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee. He too has an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
AdvertisementCareer of Satya Nadella
After working for Sun Microsystems as a member of its technology staff, Nadella joined Microsoft in 1992. At Microsoft, Nadella pioneered some significant projects like moving the company to cloud computing and launching one of the largest cloud infrastructures in the world. He played the crucial role of bringing Microsoft’s database, windows server and developer tools under its Azure cloud.
After helping generate billions in profit in two years between 2011 and 2013, he received a pay of $84.5 million in 2016.
CEO of Microsoft
Nadella was declared the CEO of Microsoft in 2014. He was the third executive in the company to occupy this position after Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer. After holding the reins of the company, Nadella brought a great degree of openness in Microsoft’s working with other companies and technologies. He changed the company’s mission statement to "empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more".
Microsoft’s acquisitions and phenomenal growth
AdvertisementUnder Nadella, Microsoft went in for a few successful acquisitions. The first of its kind was that of Mojang, a Swedish game company popularly known for the game Minecraft in 2014 in a deal worth $2.5 billion. In 2016, the company purchased Xamarin and LinkedIn followed by the acquisition of GitHub in 2018. Under his leadership, Microsoft’s stock tripled in value in 2018 and the annual growth rate was 27%. A number of reviews by the employees of the firm called Nadella the best CEO of a large company in the US.
Family of Satya Nadella
Satya Nadella married Anupama, the daughter of his father’s friend and also his junior at Manipal who did her B.Arch at the Faculty of Architecture. They have a son and two daughters. They live in Clyde Hill and Bellevue, Washington.
AdvertisementInterests and hobbies o f Satya Nadella
Nadella loves American and Indian poetry. He also likes cricket. He and his wife Anupama together are part of the ownership group of Seattle Sounders FC, a Major League Soccer club. He has also authored a book titled Hit Refresh which talks about his life and career.
AdvertisementSathya Nadella conversation with Mukesh Ambani
I nteresting facts about Ratan Tata
Oyo founder Ritesh Agarwal
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality
- Property tax in Telangana can now be paid via WhatsApp
- Meesho's latest ad encourages women entrepreneurs to explore social commerce