Meet India’s most generous women
- Leena Gandhi Tewari, the chairperson of USV, is a philanthropist who supports a variety of causes, including education, healthcare, and social development.
- Manju D. Gupta and her family are known for their philanthropic endeavours, with a strong emphasis on education and healthcare.
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, the founder and chairperson of Biocon, is a dedicated philanthropist with a focus on environmental sustainability.
AdvertisementWomen have not only reached the pinnacle of success in their respective business ventures, they have also done their bit to give back to society. We take a look at India’s most
Donation: ₹170 crore
She is the tenth most generous person in India, in a list that also has her husband Nandan Nilekeni at the eighth place.
Anju Aga and family
Donation: ₹23 crore
Anu Aga, former Chairperson of Thermax, is a prominent philanthropist and Chair of the Akanksha Foundation, an NGO providing education to underprivileged children in Mumbai and Pune.
Thermax is also committed to social responsibility and sustainable energy solutions, with initiatives in education, healthcare, and environmental protection.
Leena Gandhi Tiwari
Donation: ₹23 crore
Leena Gandhi Tewari, the chairperson of USV, is a philanthropist who supports a variety of causes, including education, healthcare, and social development.
AdvertisementShe is the founder of the Dr Sushila Gandhi Centre for Social Development, which provides education and training to underprivileged women and girls in Vakola, Maharashtra.
Manju D Gupta and family
Donation: ₹14 crore
Manju D Gupta and her family are known for their philanthropic endeavours. Their contributions span various sectors, with a strong emphasis on education and healthcare.
They have established educational institutions, scholarships, and medical facilities, making quality education and healthcare accessible to many. The family has also championed social causes, supporting initiatives that empower marginalised communities.
Donation: ₹14 crore
AdvertisementVembu Radha, a prominent figure in the technology world, is best known for her role at Zoho Corporation. As a key executive, she has played a pivotal role in the company's growth and success. Beyond her professional achievements, Radha is a dedicated philanthropist, actively involved in various charitable initiatives.
Renu Munjal and family
Donation: ₹ 9crore
Renu Munjal, along with her family, is renowned for their association with Hero MotoCorp, a global leader in the two-wheeler industry. Beyond their corporate success, the Munjal family has a strong focus on philanthropy.
They have established numerous educational institutions and healthcare facilities, actively promoting social welfare and empowerment. Their commitment to philanthropy, particularly in the fields of education and healthcare, has transformed lives, underlining their dedication to creating a more equitable and prosperous society.
Donation:: ₹ 9crore
AdvertisementKiran Mazumdar-Shaw, the founder and chairperson of Biocon Limited, is a dedicated philanthropist with a focus on environmental sustainability.
She chairs the Biocon Foundation, established in 2014, which supports eco-friendly initiatives such as renewable energy, water conservation, waste management, and environmental education. Mazumdar-Shaw strongly advocates for corporate responsibility in protecting the environment.
Popular on BI
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Souvenirs from Hampi: 8 must-buy treasures to remember your journey
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather