This hot apparel start-up is being called the next J Crew
Fashion industry website Racked offers a compelling case for why Everlane could be the next J. Crew.
J. Crew has been fighting to win back its customers as sales have continued to decline.
"We make products that are timeless in look," Everlane's CEO Michael Preysman said to Racked. "The clothing has a current point of view, but can also be worn in 10 years. It's a very tricky thing to pull off. In our view, the best way to be environmentally sustainable is to create really great quality clothing that lasts and that has a lasting timestamp."
Like J. Crew and its iconic creative director Jenna Lyons, Everlane has recently added a well-known trendy fashion exec to its team. Rebekka Bay, who was axed from the Gap (for plausibly being too fashion-forward for the brand) and previously worked at H&M, has joined as head of product and design.
Everlane is transparent with its prices. On its website, it breaks down how much it costs to make its clothing (labor, materials, transporting the apparel, and duties). It compares its prices to those of traditional retailers. One dress, for instance, is $98 at Everlane, and Everlane claims traditional retailers would sell the dress for $190.
This transparency could intrigue millennials.
"Sixty-four percent of millennials would rather wear a socially-conscious brand than a luxury brand," Rachel Krautkremer, an editorial director for creative agency Deep Focus, said to Racked. "It's a shift in how this generation views their clothing. They want to know where their product is coming from."
In fact, it has plans to grow rapidly. According to Racked, the brand recently sent out an email looking to fill nearly 20 jobs. The company, Racked notes, currently only has 70 employees.
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council