What Americans spend on an engagement ring in each state, ranked from lowest to highest
- An engagement ring is an expensive purchase - Americans spend an average of $6,351.
- But when broken down by state, the average amount ranges from $3,518 to $10,241.
- People in California spend the most on engagement rings, while those in Utah spend the least.
There are many factors that go into pricing a diamond engagement ring. Diamonds are graded and priced based on the "four C's," which include cut, carat, color, and clarity. The "cut grade" of a diamond not only determines its "sparkle" effect, but also its price - for example, a one carat round shaped diamond with an "ideal" cut grade can range from around $2,000 up to $12,857 at Ritani depending on its grade for clarity and color.
The average American spends $6,351 on an engagement ring according to The Knot's 2017 Real Weddings Study.
Below we've ranked the average amount of money spent on an engagement ring in each state, from lowest to highest.
New Hampshire: $4,053
West Virginia: $4,352Advertisement
South Dakota: $4,832Advertisement
New Mexico: $5,089Advertisement
North Dakota: $5,436Advertisement
Rhode Island: $6,109Advertisement
New Jersey: $6,969Advertisement
New York: $8,092
South Carolina: $8,599
Washington, D.C.: $8,695Advertisement
North Carolina: $9,225Advertisement
- Commercial flights from Bareilly airport expected to start by December
- Arvind Kejriwal launches ‘Green Delhi’ app — Here’s how to download and use the application
- New air pollution laws in Delhi-NCR — Non-compliance could lead to ₹1 crore fine, 5 years in jail
- WPP won $1.6 billion worth of new business in Q3
- Former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel dead