Why These Jimmy Choo Sneakers Cost $1095
Mr. Porter, a reputable high fashion online boutique for men, has a pair of of
You read that right. $1,095.
which retails for the low price of $50.
Jimmy Choo's slip on does stand out by using a higher quality leather and suede coupled with embossed studs.
Granted the stud work probably takes a significant amount of time does it justify such a high price tag?
We hope that the leather Jimmy Choo selected is French or Italian (for the buyers sake) but we still can't seem to understand, why the shoe costs so much besides the embellishments and designer name.
We decided to take advantage of Mr. Porter's live chat feature to see if its experts could help us understand the high price tag.
Here's a conversation we had with Mr Porter rep, Ashley:
It seems like Ashley doesn't really know why the shoe is priced so high either. She immediately fell back on the "high-end" designer excuse. What's strange though, is that the majority of Jimmy Choo's women's pumps only cost between $500 (low-end) and $1000 (high-end).
Women are typically ok with spending hundreds, sometimes thousands, of dollars on shoes but the male audience typically needs to be convinced.
Don't get us wrong, we're all for paying a premium for high-quality items. In fact, we just endorsed the Saint Laurent 2013 boat shoe, which retails for $595.
We praised Saint Laurent it for its impeccable quality, materials, and smooth breaking-in process, but the $1,095 Jimmy Choo seems like a pretty steep price for something that isn't that extraordinary.
What do you think?
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol
- Core sector output growth slows to 0.1% as 4 sectors report negative growth rate