7 signs your body language is sending the wrong message
- Body language is an important form of communication - even if you're not always aware of it.
- The way you stand and gesture can make you seem more (or less) confident and attractive.
- Some body-language tweaks are easier to make than others.
It's generally easier to plan out exactly what you're going to say than it is to plan out how you're going to stand, what you'll do with your hands, and your facial expression.
And yet your body language - whether during a presentation or in an online dating profile picture - matters a lot. So it's worth paying attention to.
Below, find a series of common body-language mistakes that can make you seem less confident, more nervous, less attractive, and even more vulnerable to crime.
Your handshake is weak
You're curled up in into yourself
You're concealing your hands
You keep touching your face
Your hands aren't moving at all
You walk slowly or with short strides
You avoid eye contact — or hold it for too long
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani